I know Vaseline has been around a long time and I only use it on my lips whenever I’m out of lip balm. Are there any other uses for it? - Chloe L., 23
Posted: 1 year ago at 03:30 pm
Vaseline has plenty of uses! The classic blue top tub of petroleum jelly is very versatile when it comes to beauty and skincare. Here are some tried and tested methods to use your Vaseline:
- Top off your lipstick with some for a glossy finish.
- Mix some Vaseline with a piece of melted chocolate chip (or a drop of chocolate syrup, if you like) to make yummy homemade lip gloss!
- Put it all over your lips before exfoliating them for a soft finish.
- Coat some on your lashes when you don’t feel like putting on mascara. It’ll make them look thicker and darker naturally.
- If you’re out of brow gels, don’t fret. Just smooth on some of that good old petroleum jelly to tame your eyebrows.
- Apply at points where you’ll spray your perfume. The scent will last longer.
- Create your own body scrub by mixing with sea salts or coarse brown sugar.
- To prevent lipstick from staining your teeth, apply some Vaseline on them beforehand.
- Similarly, you can spread some over the nape of your neck, ears and hairline to prevent staining when dyeing your hair.
- Slather your feet with it and put on your socks before going to bed. A few rounds of this and you’ll wake up with smoother heels.
- Likewise, put it on your elbows, heels, knees, cuticles and anywhere else that’s dry every day to have softer skin.
- Try using it for a massage.